Why should you concentrate on SEO? You have utilized all you know about advertising, you are marketing through paid ads on search engines and high ranking sites. You get clicks through, but few are coming for the content. You have noticed this in your traffic reports and the reports have you frustrated. So what is wrong? You have spent the money you had for your marketing and now you are starting to wonder if your efforts have been worth the time and money.
The answer is yes, all of your efforts have helped, but there is something else you need to do. You should check and improve your website’s SEO. With just a few changes to your images, titles, and content, you can make search engines happy and target visitors that are looking for the information you have meticulously supplied. Best of all, the changes in organic SEO are free, and in most cases, you can ask an SEO expert in Reading, PA to make these changes.
Increase Your Rankings With Organic SEO
Organic SEO refers to search engine optimization you include on in your pages, blog posts, and descriptions. If you want Google or any other search engine to notice you, a few simple changes may be all you need to pull out ahead of your competition.
Seven Simple SEO Improvements
- Title: Start with the title. Examine the title of your site, article and post titles, and individual pages. Your titles should have your keyword phrases in them. For example, if you own a bridal shop, bridal should be in the title. All of your titles need to match up with your content and your content must match up with your products.
- Meta Description: Complete your meta description with keyword phrases and keep the description short. Next, to the title, your description tells search engines and searchers what they will find on your website and this should match the search phrases used to find your content. Search engines keep the results as short as possible in order to fit more results on their pages. Keep that in mind!
- Headings: Use search engine optimized headings. Headings tell the engines what to expect from the next section of your pages. Optimize the headings with keywords and/or synonyms for your chosen keywords and then make sure the content that follows matches the headings.
- Alt Text: Title and use alternate text on added images. Google ranks pages with multiple media higher than those with words alone. For good image SEO, use images that work with the content, title them and add alternate text to describe the images.
- Content: Vary the amount of content, but keep the articles and posts moderate to long if it is possible. The more real information, the better! Update your pages and add new content to your blog. Search engines notice the date your content is created, updated, and changed and they know searchers want the latest and most relevant results.
- Linking: Cite and link to websites that are considered popular and trusted. Linking to trusted sites adds trust to your own website and the engines place more value on that.
- Keywords: Do not overdo it with the keyword phrasing. Try to keep keywords at 2 percent or lower. Use synonyms and related terms to back up your keywords.
The above rules for SEO are free to do and tremendously helpful for raising your rankings in the search engines. Search engine optimization is not as difficult as you may have thought and you will find that the changes are simple and are worth every minute of your time. If your site is lacking good SEO, you will get better results with just a few improvements.
By incorporating SEO strategies with a professional SEO agency, your website will be more visible online and you will be able to reach more clients. L4 Group specializes in helping business owners and marketing executives throughout the United States by using the most effective online marketing strategies that will increase traffic, sales, and profitability with proven results. Call today for a free consultation and web analysis.